Fried rice with peas recipe
- 1 cup green peas from Seara
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white rice, washed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth, hot
- Salt to taste
This rice is an easy side dish to complement any regular dinner menu. Also it is an easy way to add some vegetables to your kids’ diet without any complaints.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the washed white rice and sauté for five minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the hot chicken broth and salt and stir.
- Lower the heat to the lowest setting, and cover to let cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the peas in hot water for 5 minutes.
- When the rice starts to make holes add the peas and stir with wooden spoon carefully.
- Once rice is done cooking, add the left butter and fluff with a fork to melt it.
- Scoop the rice onto the serving plate and serve warm.