Thai prawn curry recipe
- 500g cooking shrimp from Seara
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, more if needed
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoon ginger, sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 2 red chilies, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lime wedges for serving
This creamy aromatic Thai Shrimp Coconut Curry is the perfect dinner for seafood lovers. It is filled with authentic East Asian flavors and easy to make.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and cook the shrimps on both sides with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce for 2-3 minutes until done. Remove shrimps from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté the onion, red and green bell pepper on medium heat for 2-3 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to the same pan and a bit more oil if necessary and cook until fragrant then add Thai Curry paste and curry powder and cook for at 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and the rest of soy sauce and stir well. Let simmer on medium low heat, stirring from time to time until the curry sauce is thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Put back the shrimps, bell peppers and onion into the pan and stir until everything is well combined and leave to simmer for few minutes.
- Add the chopped fresh chilies and turn of the heat.
- Place the Thai prawn curry in a serving plate and garnish with lime wedges and fresh coriander leaves. Serve warm with coconut rice, jasmine rice or noodles if preferred.