Okra stew recipe
- 500g tender chicken breast from Seara, cubed
- 2 packs frozen zero okra from Seara
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoons salt, added in stages
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Water as needed
- Cooked white rice for serving
Okra stew is a classic Middle Eastern dish. It's so comforting and the best way to enjoy tasty okra.
- In a bowl season the chicken cubes with half teaspoon of salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- In a big pot heat the oil and sauté onion and garlic to translucent then add the seasoned chicken cubes and continue sautéing to golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the frozen okra to the pot and pomegranate molasses and half teaspoon of salt.
- Add about 2 liter of water in the pot, mix everything well, and bring to a boil on medium heat for 30 minutes to fully cook the chicken and okra.
- Place the okra stew on a big serving bowl and serve alongside with cooked rice, enjoy!