Green beans with almonds and fried onion recipe
- 1 pack cut green beans from Seara
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup almond, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, julienned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
Buttery green beans, almonds and seasonings come together to create a tasty vegetable side dish that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. Healthy and easy to make for everyday dinner.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add in the green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes then drain well in a strainer and keep aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium high heat and fry the almonds for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan over medium heat and add the onions and fry for few minutes to lightly brown. Add the green beans and sauté with onions for few minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper and let cook for 3 more minutes. Add in the crispy almonds and stir.
- Place the beans to the serving plate. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.